I plan and post an event for the week. Each event packs a creative flavor of cultural, social, and the most economical means of having fun. You decide whether you want to come along or not. Simple as that. What is the flavor of this week? Check out my posts!

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

WEEK 52: Turkey Stroganoff


A healthier version of stroganoff, different from the hamburger stroganoff Grandma used to make.

Here's the recipe I used and improvised.
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Beef-Stroganoff-III/Detail.aspx

I substituted chicken and veggie consumme for beef consumme. (And a can of Cream of Mushroom Soup)
Used a little less sour cream to keep the calories down.
Used turkey meat - ground turkey and hot turkey sausage - instead of ground beef.
Added a squirt of spicy mustard.
Added a little extra lemon juice.
And also, instead of egg noodles/pasta, I eat mine Asian style, with white rice. :)

(I also made a vegetarian version, which was quite tasty!)

No comments: