I plan and post an event for the week. Each event packs a creative flavor of cultural, social, and the most economical means of having fun. You decide whether you want to come along or not. Simple as that. What is the flavor of this week? Check out my posts!

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

WEEK 26 (MOR): Independence Day Fruit Tacos


The more advanced I get in my cooking the skills, the more comfortable I feel experimenting and making my own recipes.

MOR (My Own Recipe) of the week is in honor of Independence Day.

I was chatting with a friend of mine at work who does a cook-off with his family every year. This year their challenge is TACOS. So I was trying to think up something creative and out of the ordinary. It's like a crepe, but better cuz the shell is fried. Everyone who tried it loved the recipe so much that I decided it'd be nice of me to share it with the rest of the world.




RED WHITE AND BLUE BERRY TACOS

Ingredients:
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 cup fresh strawberries, 1cm in diameter (size of blueberries)
1 tbs sugar
Veggie oil for frying
4 corn tortillas
Whipped Cream
Powdered Sugar (optional)

Directions:
Heat veggie oil in a saucepan about 1 cm deep. Once the oil is hot enough, place a tortilla in the oil and fry for 30 seconds, then flip it over and fry the other side, folding the tortilla in half to form a taco. Fry each side for about 30 seconds to one minute. Place on a plate with paper towels to blot the oil. Repeat for the number of taco shells you want to eat.

Meanwhile, mix the berries and sugar together in a bowl so the sugar coats the berries.

Once the shells have cooled, place the berry mixture into the taco shell. Reserve some berries. Add whip cream over the berries in the taco and place the reserved berries on top of the whipped cream to make it pretty and look like a festive Fourth of July holiday treat.

Enjoy!

No comments: