I plan and post an event for the week. Each event packs a creative flavor of cultural, social, and the most economical means of having fun. You decide whether you want to come along or not. Simple as that. What is the flavor of this week? Check out my posts!

Monday, July 25, 2011

MOR: Spicy Fries with Guacamole



Some of my specialty dishes I make quite frequently, so I don't require a recipe.

But I'll share with you my recipe for both fries and guacamole because people have been asking for it. And in most cases, if you ask from me, you shall receive.

(Eat together or separate)


* Homemade Spicy French Fries*
Ingredients:
- 4 potatoes, sliced to smaller cut or size you like
- 6 tbs oil (peanut oil is best, but I use olive or veggie/canola)
- salt, pepper, crushed red pepper flakes

Directions:
Slice the potatoes to smaller cut, like McDonald's size fries. Place cut potatoes in a glass bowl with water covering the tops. Refrigerate over night.

When ready, take out the fries and pour the oil in a small saucepan (or, if you're fancy, a deep fryer.) Heat the oil on med-high heat and place potatoes so they line the pan.

Fry for about 10-15 minutes (different oils heat differently) or until golden brown.

Place golden-brown fries on a paper towel-lined plate and soak up the oil. Sprinkle ground salt, fresh ground black pepper, and crushed red pepper on top. Toss to coat.

Enjoy.


* Homemade Guacamole *
Ingredients:
- 2 ripe avocados, cut
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 large onion (I prefer red)
- 2 limes, squeezed
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed
- 1/4 c. cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
In a large bowl, spoon out the avocados and leave the pits (this and lemon/lime helps preserve the freshness of the avocado.) Mix the remaining ingredients together and stir till the consistency is chunky but creamy. Sprinkle on salt and pepper to taste. I tend to use twice as much pepper as salt, but that's just me.

Enjoy with your favorite tortilla chips or sprinkle on top of your favorite Mexican food.


Guacamole Sushi Roll

As an experiment, I made a guacamole roll. I love avocado rolls and make them all the time, but this was very tasty too.

No comments: