Ahh... to be free. But believe it or not, this past week I've been more busy than I have in a long time. Took care of a lot of business. I had my final, which went pretty well, and even had an interview on Monday, my first day of unemployment. I went into the interview not interested in the job. Can you blame me, though? It took me about a month to adjust to the fact that I'm losing my job, and the first day that I'm excited that I'll now have a chance to focus on myself... I'm relishing the seconds I get to spend on my writing and my own things. Thanks for severence, that's for sure. So I signed up for a Compositing class at Gnomon this week, bought a new Canon Digital SLR Camera, and prepped for our "Northern Exposure" trip - Seattle, Vancouver, and Alaska! Can't wait!
Now for my review of my "FUNEMPLOYMENT PARTY."
I arrived around 6:20, and until 8:00 was worried that only ten people or less would show. I was pleasantly surprised to find that more and more people just kept showing up, and we ended up with more than 30 people making it out for some beer and British food. I tried a bit of my friend's bangers (uh huh!) and had to just get my own plate. It was pretty damn good! All the food there seemed pretty good. A lot of people ordered fish and chips, the runner-up for the night. Hard cider was pretty yummy. The crowd was pretty diverse. Mostly animation, but some actors, architects, business... mostly the creatives around. Glad that people got to interact and even network together. I would say more than half the people there were employed, and most of them are jealous that I'm funemployed, but everyone has his day. As for the pub itself, the owner and the waitress were a bit snippy, but they're Brits, what do you expect?
---- STATISTICS -----
People attended: 30+
Time allotted: 4 hours
----- RATING ----- (out of 5 stars)
Overall Experience: 4.0
I wanna go back sometime. Let me know who's down... :)
I plan and post an event for the week. Each event packs a creative flavor of cultural, social, and the most economical means of having fun. You decide whether you want to come along or not. Simple as that. What is the flavor of this week? Check out my posts!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment