I plan and post an event for the week. Each event packs a creative flavor of cultural, social, and the most economical means of having fun. You decide whether you want to come along or not. Simple as that. What is the flavor of this week? Check out my posts!

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

REVIEW of MONTH 8 Part 2: Arts and Crafts Camp

Mehuli and I spent about the whole week together (awwww...) making jewelry and Indian food. It was a lot of fun, and we felt very rewarded.

Since it was just the two of us, I didn't keep to the schedule, so we mostly just focused on our jewelry for my Etsy site. You can find hers up on my site now too! I was a bit frustrated with the first project I had started - making a home-made book. I wanted to use a roll of exposed film as the spine, but I couldn't figure out how to sew it down so it would hold. There probably is a way, but my sewing skills are not great, and film is not that sturdy. Then I tried to make a new style of necklace - double tiered. I got frustrated with this several times as well, since it was new to me. Mehu said the first ones are good study models, but I resorted to something I knew how to do: feather hair clips. I can make them quickly, so it's pretty therapeutic for me. Write Act was also having a fundraiser (online auction) for their new production "How Katrina Plays" so I donated 3 feather hair clips and a necklace to them. I hope they sell and more people check out my site.

Anyway, take a look at the photos documenting this fun and artsy week!!



And check out Mehu's blog:
http://jhumkidesigns.blogspot.com/

No comments: