I plan and post an event for the week. Each event packs a creative flavor of cultural, social, and the most economical means of having fun. You decide whether you want to come along or not. Simple as that. What is the flavor of this week? Check out my posts!

Monday, January 9, 2012

Orbitz Review

I would give them a 0 if I could. I can't believe they tell us we're "confirmed" for our hotel in Miami (the Hampton Inn) and when we tell the Hampton we have a late check in the day of arrival, they tell us that we aren't booked. I gave them the confirmation code and everything, and they said I need to sort it out with Orbitz.

So we call Orbitz. They say we are all set, but I tell them what the Hampton told us, and they call the Hampton. We're on hold for 30 minutes. They finally come back to us and tell us that the Hampton is booked and can't accommodate us. WTF? Can't accommodate us after charging our credit card and everything? We had booked our room with them 6 months ago when rates were low ($120 a night). They tell us they can book a room at another hotel, of course it will cost twice as much. The thing is, Orbitz should pay for our room for that night for MAKING US HOMELESS IN A FOREIGN CITY! All they can do is offer us a $50 voucher. Like we want to ever use them again! I was appalled by their customer service! I cannot say how appalled I am with this place! It's not right to put someone out on the street and there should be some penalty or consequence for this kind of treatment. I mean, if you or I book a hotel and cancel/don't show, we are still charged a certain % or charged for the night. Likewise, shouldn't hotels (in this case, booking agents?) be responsible for a person's welfare and take responsibility for their negligence? In all my years of traveling - and trust me, I've stayed at about a hundred different hotels in my lifetime - this has never happened! I wouldn't recommend anyone using Orbitz unless you want to find yourself homeless in a city you've never been before! Buyer beware!!!!

And you think I'm done with this review? Oh no, I'm not. The second "bad Orbitz experience" we had was last month - December 2011 - the same month they left us homeless! We stayed in Napa for New Year's Eve, and I was told by a hotel staff member that we were only booked for one night, not two!!! I was shocked that Orbitz fell through again! Luckily the hotel had a room for us, but we could have been homeless again! Twice in one month! I can't believe how unprofessional and rude Orbitz is as a company. My boyfriend and I will NEVER use them again. And trust me, we travel often!

No comments: