- lunch in Burbank
- Ebay vintage items pickup
- cleaned house
Tuesday
- lunch in Burbank
- writing homework


Wednesday
- picked up Mehu
- Mehu and me production (Mehu: handbags; me: jewelry)
- apple berry pie
Thursday
- Continued production for Artwalk
Friday
- portfolio
- class cancelled (wah!)
- Gabe's bday party at Miyako sushi
Saturday
- Silverlake Farmer's Market
- Mozza2Go in - finished "Rome"
Sunday
- Farmer's Market
- visited Nick

- SUPPER CLUB MEAL:
This was my first attempt making lamb. It was also the first time I used Deane's Cuisine Art (food processor) unsupervised. The salsa verde was so yummy! I took half the mix (about a half cup) and marinated the chunks of lamb in it, adding the cumin/coriander spice mix Mehu gave me last week. I waited till Deane came home, and he showed me how to use the new grill. It's pretty easy to use, but he ended up watching the grill and cooking it to perfection because I was busy in the kitchen still cooking up the bravas (a method of cooking potato which I learned last week) and the Indian-spiced veggies (which I also learned last week from Mehu.) I've come to realize that cooking isn't all the difficult as people make it out to be. I actually feel really comfortable "guessing," meaning I don't have to use measuring cups. Okay, the first time, yes, but after that, I just put in what tastes good and I leave out what I don't have. And "what I don't have" could mean an ingredient that requires only 2 tsps, or I'll just substitute it with another ingredient, or better yet just add something which I think will taste good in the mix. Anyway, the meal was excellent and since we had a lot of mint leftover, and rum and limeade from the party, Deane mixed us some mojitos! Yummy! What a delicious meal! I will definitely cook lamb again... and the salsa verde.
SIDENOTE: I'm really enjoying this learning/eating experience! And what's better, it saves us money on taking a $60+ cooking class. Plus, I like to choose meals around what we "already have" in the kitchen. I'm an economizer, as you can tell. And I know how to make new and tasty meals with leftovers. It's something we had to learn to avoid eating leftovers every night of the week growing up.
No comments:
Post a Comment