I plan and post an event for the week. Each event packs a creative flavor of cultural, social, and the most economical means of having fun. You decide whether you want to come along or not. Simple as that. What is the flavor of this week? Check out my posts!

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

WEEK 6: The Bacon Cookbook


I got this cookbook for Deane last year. As you know, bacon is his favorite snack, side dish, meal. I don't think he's ever used this book before, but this will be my second time attempting to make a bacon meal. I dunno if I should ask him to cook the bacon for me (since I always burn it) or if I should take my chances and risk the $14 bacon its ultra-crispy and inedible demise.

Anyway, here it is. I've been wanting to cook an Asian meal for a while, and Deane is always up for the pig, so it makes a nice compromise. Let's just say this could be an early Valentine's day meal since next weekend is filling up fast.

WHAT: Japanese braised pork belly (162)and Japanese bacon tempura (43)
WHERE: My place
WHEN: Monday, February 8th, 2010
(Has to be pushed back due to last minute family plans.)

No comments: