Monday
- portfolio - prints, drop off at CN
- lunch with Davrick
- emailed "Life as Lauren" play for staged reading next weekend
- Jami's staged reading at the Blank Theatre "Living Room Series"
Tuesday
- pilates fusion
- met with LB
- Freelance


Wednesday
- cleaned house
- OC
- visited Mehu and Nika - Indo-Chinese Dinner and Edwar's Fruit Tarts
- girl sleepover



Thursday
- lunch with Leticia, Jen, Sophia
- Happy Happy Show at El Cid (awful! one of the worst shows I've ever attended.)
- Scoops with Deane, Nika, and Tony
Friday
- Kamin Thai food (meh!)
- Alice in Wonderland at Paramount (I actually loved this movie, though thought Burton should have retitled it: "Alice Returns to Wonderland."
Saturday
- started a new full-length play "Pineapple" (semi-autobiographical)



Sunday
- SUPPER SUNDAY! Grape Leaves
These were actually pretty easy to make... well, a little time-consuming because I had to rinse the leaves, pat them dry, de-stem them, and put the filling in and fold. I used less cheese than was called for each one, so instead of 12, I made double that with only 1/3 the filling ingredients. Although it said to grill the grape leaves, I just broiled them in the oven for a few minutes on each side. I made dressing that consisted of olive oil, dijon mustard and salt and pepper. Pretty tasty. I arranged tomatoes on the bottom of a pie dish and dropped some olives on top, laid the grape leaves on top, and drizzled remaining dressing and olives.
The grape leaves with rice recipe I found on the jar of grape leaves took about 1.5 hours to cook on the stovetop, with a glass pie dish on top to keep them down and together. But the rice came out of the leaves... it tasted good, but I felt like I couldn't eat too much because of how salty the grape leaves were. Next time I will exclude the extra salt I added because the leaves provide enough, if not too much, of the savory. Overall, both were pretty good. Nader liked them anyway. I should have had more people over because there's no way I can finish the rest of the grape leaves on my own.
- Company of Angels - "Hunger and the City" - 10 minute plays/Leon's play
No comments:
Post a Comment