- lunch with my girl Eun-ji and Jessica at Octopus
- Costco
- first day of class
Tuesday
- pilates


- lunch with Gabe at Grub

- dinner with Deane at Fogo de Chao (super yummy!! I don't know if I ate my $60 worth of food though...)
Wednesday
- Amy's house - I made my Flavor of the Week there - watched "Fantastic Mr. Fox"
- Mexican market
- Made tacos al pastor that night
Thursday
- writing
- FOH duties at Write Act for the Freeway Series - All the Wrong Placed by Herman Poppe
Friday
- met up with Lou at Whole Foods to discuss Sunday's reading
- writing


- REVIEW on SUPPER: PUPUSAS
This was pretty hard to make. I bought Maiza de Harina, which I thought was the same as Masa Harina, what the recipe called for. I mixed the corn flour mix with water and separated them into balls. I filled it with beans and cheese and tried to cover it again. Then I brushed it with olive oil and put it in a hot skillet for 4 minutes a side. I made about 10 of them, knowing it would be just me and Jessica.
- Paramount Movie: Green Zone (Jessica and I were kind of bored. Such a guy movie. So depressing with the war... plus, I felt like I was going to puke half the movie with all of the camera movement.)
Saturday

- Grub breakfast with Deane
- writing




- Shoshanna's bday

- Sam's bday
Sunday
- Made food for reading
- Reading Rehearsal
- MONTH 4: We rehearsed at 3pm - 6:30pm. The actors were happy I brought so much food, all of it made by me except for the sandwiches Deane picked up from Quizno's.
We had potato salad, garden salad with mustard dressing, cheese, bread, salami, carrots, and apple pie. Yum! A lot of my friends and family came at this time as well, and got to eat a bit, and drink some before the show.






The reading itself went pretty well! Very smooth. The actors were really good. I was so impressed, and of course thankful for their time to be there and the energy they brought to stage. The audience seemed to enjoy it, and their feedback benefited me. Much of the feedback included:
1. Too much exposition (a lot of redundancy, especially with Joe - trust audience's intelligence)
2. Joe's character developed more (i.e. his lifestyle with Lauren before the accident, like Kate and Trevor's flashbacks)
3. If stylized, use more.
4. Set up the mother more - want to see more of her drunkenness/comedy
5. Liked the ending and the twist
6. Some stage directions can be clearer, done better (i.e. Kate's boat scene)
7. Too many stage locations
We recorded most of it (I ran out of space on my recorder) so I plan to edit it together soon for you to see!
No comments:
Post a Comment