I plan and post an event for the week. Each event packs a creative flavor of cultural, social, and the most economical means of having fun. You decide whether you want to come along or not. Simple as that. What is the flavor of this week? Check out my posts!

Sunday, September 21, 2008

REVIEW on WEEK 38: Poker and BBQ


My relationship with Gambling goes way back to when I was a child learning how to play poker and blackjack, etc. Gambling has always been dependent on me, and never has our relationship been a healthy one. I'm the giver, whereas he is the one who takes, takes, takes. It's never fair. I'm always being taken advantage of, and when I ask to please be given something, a dollar - or penny even! - it never seems to happen. Gambling is so cruel to me!!!

This time, like usual, I saw my poker chips depleting, but I decided to go all in, and once I did, I won one game of Texas Hold 'Em. But I couldn't cash out while I was ahead. Thus the same dilemma every time I get close to Gambling. I feel so unlucky. If it was a game based more on skill, I could at least stand a chance. But like I said, Gambling is cruel to me and I think the best way we can get along is if we have some time apart.

As far as the rest of the party went: we all contributed something to the BBQ lunch. I brought some beans and added BBQ sauce to them. We also had BBQ chicken, mashed potatoes, hummus, dip, lavash bread, and ice cream and cookies for dessert. We popped in a poker movie (improvised by comedians) called "The Grand." My friend did the dvd jacket for it and when I was at her house the other night I asked if I could borrow it since it seemed like it would be the perfect movie for our get-together. We watched the first half, which was pretty hilarious, and then we started the card-playing. We started off with $5 each ($35 in the pot) and by the time Deane and I left to go to a Beck concert, the pot had about $65 in it. Gambling makes me feel like a loser, but I wasn't the only one who felt so defeated afterwards. It's good to know I'm not the only one Gambling abuses.

----- STATISTICS -----
People attended: 7
Time alloted: 3.5 hours

----- RATING ----- (out of 5 stars)

Thanks to Gabe for letting us use your house!
Overall Experience: 4.0

3 comments:

Alan Cheezy said...

I was one to add another $5 to the pot because I lost my first $5 so fast. I'm glad I brought the alcohol, cuz people definitely needed it. While I did spend $5 more than I had intended, at least I got to take my Taquitos home! Mmmmm!

blud_n_chalklit said...

poker is definately not my game, give me slots any day!!

blud_n_chalklit said...

poker is definately not my game! give me slots and luck any day!