I plan and post an event for the week. Each event packs a creative flavor of cultural, social, and the most economical means of having fun. You decide whether you want to come along or not. Simple as that. What is the flavor of this week? Check out my posts!

Saturday, September 27, 2008

REVIEW on WEEK 39: Painting Party



This was a good excuse for me to paint. I don't know if I would have done it had I not set up a blog event for it. I discovered I really don't have the patience for painting, and would really rather stick to digital to do it. I just hate the setup and cleanup process, and I hate how life doesn't come with the undo button like Photoshop does. Anyway, I at least got to practice painting with acrylics. I think this was my first or second time using acrylics. And it was first time using wood as the canvas. Anyway, I want to be able to do this more often, and I have a lot of ideas for pieces I want to create, but now I just have to find the time for it. There just aren't enough hours in a day.

Amy had fun, too, I'm sure. She painted over a self-portrait of herself (which I really liked and felt heartbroken when she painted over it) but that's what's so great about oil paints (her medium of choice) and in a way that's the undo button all it's own, just in another way. It's like repainting over a memory you want to forget, not that I feel that was her intention.

----- STATISTICS -----
People attended: 2
Time alloted: 2.5 hours

----- RATING ----- (out of 5 stars)

Overall Experience: 3.5

No comments: