


I felt like a little drug consumer when I picked these miracle berries up from the Papaya Tree Nursery in Granada Hills. it was at a guy's house, which I thought was kind of shady. Then it was a 20 berry minimum, which cost a total of $60. For these tiny berries! I felt like I was doing some illegal drug smuggling or something. Thanks to Mehu who came along with me and lessened the scare factor for me. But I hoped the money was well worth it.
We tried eating some food first before trying the berry and tasting its effects. So I prepared some things to try, which included onions, pickles, lemons, lime, chips and guac, mini beef tacos (tj's), kiwi, grapes, etc. Then I handed out the miracle berry info sheet, which explains the process and how the berry works. We placed the berry on our tongues and gently peeled the skin off to get to the seed, which we spit out into a bowl. We let it sit on our tongues for about 2 minutes, swallowed the berry, then bit into a lime. IT WAS THE SWEETEST LIME I'VE EVER TASTED!!! It was truly the best. The lemon was amazing too! It was like a sorbet. And the pineapple was creamy and delicious! The guac tasted creamy and had a strawberry-like flavor. Yes, it nullified any sour buds in our mouths, and enhanced the sweet ones. So yummy!!! After about a half hour to an hour it started wearing off, so I offered people the option of trying a tablet instead. I didn't try one since mine seemed to last a good while, but the people who tested those ones said it was still sweet, just not as good as the real berry. It was truly a weird experience. We all felt like we were all getting high together, because our taste buds were altered. What our minds know to be sour now tasted sweet. There was no "sour" in the Sour Patch Kids. I was excited everyone else was excited about it too! Many asked me where I got these and they plan on buying some for their friends/family as well to try.
To let our taste buds mellow out, we played a new game I bought - Rigamarole. It's kind of like Cranium, and it was good to mix the party up since there were people from various paths there. Overall a very successful and intimate event!
---- STATISTICS -----
People attended: 9
Time alloted: 3.5 hours
----- RATING ----- (out of 5 stars)
Overall Experience: 4.5
Thanks to Deane for letting us use his place this time!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment