I'm not sure if anybody still reads this blog... if you're out there, thanks for keeping up with me. The endurance put forth in keeping this blog current with my life (in 2009) has been arduous for me and I'm sure lackadaisical for you, but I promise it will be more enjoyable for both of us once again in this new decade of 2010.
Sadly I am still unemployed, one of millions who lost their jobs in 2009. Although I am a bit more hopeful with the new year at hand, I will still use this time to figure out what I'm doing here on this planet. So... as I began two new years ago, with the birth and origin of this blog, I present a new event planner in me. I present to you not only a Rochelle Perry that loves to plan parties, but I present the experimental me: the chef in me, the writer in me, the editor in me, the jeweler and designer in me, the manager in me, the creator in me, the quiet part of me, the loud part of me... the everything in between... the me trying to figure out me.
On NPR today, I listened to a woman speaking about the happiness of her life. It sprung from the work that she did. Likewise, if I am not working I am not happy. That's not to say I don't enjoy a few hours of leisure and pleasure every day, but if I were to sit around the house all day doing nothing, I am not fulfilled. If I'm working on jewelry or writing my play, I fill like I've accomplished something that day even though I'm not getting paid for any of it (which Dear God, I hope I get an extension on my unemployment benefits). So this year, again, I am planning one party a month... one party to "experiment" (if you will) on all my friends a possible career course for me. I call it: "Experimental Monthlies!"
So here are possibilities of what's on the menu:
1. Housewarming/Jewelry Craft Faire
2. Super Secret New Restaurant Idea!
3. Screening of my new film
4. Murder Mystery Dinner Party (written by me!)
Speaking of Menu... Having just moved in with Deane, I am still trying to sort the apartment out. My mind feels like the chaos of boxes and unassigned objects, scattered and abandoned. For Christmas I received cookbooks from just about every adult female in my family. I felt the pressure was on. Were they trying to domesticate me, or make sure I wouldn't succumb to starvation? I mean, I've been living on my own since college. In any case, I feel like I need to use these cookbooks. So Deane suggested I take the "Julie and Julia" approach - cook a meal every day. And if you know me, I cook a lot, so cooking every day for just myself and sometimes for Deane too, would be overkill. So we concluded that a new meal a week is more than feasible. And this is an extension to you all. I invite you all over once a week for my "Supper Club," another addition to this site and making it a truly-to-a-foodie "Flavor of the Week." It will take place Saturday or Sunday evenings.
I will keep you posted on both Experimental Monthlies and Weekly Supper Clubs!!!
Ciao for now and may you have a Happy 2010!
I plan and post an event for the week. Each event packs a creative flavor of cultural, social, and the most economical means of having fun. You decide whether you want to come along or not. Simple as that. What is the flavor of this week? Check out my posts!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment