So I've been thinking about a lot of things lately... mostly my mind runs in circles because it's so confused. I feel my growth has been stifled, yet I feel I have grown so much in other areas of my life. I feel intellectually numb... intellectually brilliant but at the same time intellectually ignorant. I was speaking to a friend the other day. He said he believes the truth. But what exactly is the truth? How do we know it? I remember the X-files coined the term "The Truth is Out There." What one believes to be true may be true for one but not true for another. That is termed "belief," I suppose. Although I find it difficult at times to distinguish truth from imagination, both are extremely powerful forces of the mind. I do believe that to be true.
In any case, I have analyzed why I plan so many random things. I have many different interests, as you all know, and I guess in a sense I'm trying to discover who I "truly" am. I'm young still, right? I can experiment with different substances, partake in adventures of various degrees. I want to learn about different realms of existences, different paths to the spiritual world, different masks to wear in different situations. I want life to unveil and reveal itself to me like the unfurling colors of a kaleidoscope. I want to experience various walks of life, to further understand the world. I want to keep learning, keep being spiritually connected to the world so that I can be in harmony with it one day. That, to me, is a certain truth about me.
One other thing I do BELIEVE to be TRUE is this: Life is an adventure, given to us once, taken almost immediately when we least expect. Live in the present, for it is a gift of love. The choices we make today will affect how karma treats us tomorrow. Choose wisely, live freely, love unconditionally.
Be good....
Well, what's good?
Oh, the semantics of words....
I plan and post an event for the week. Each event packs a creative flavor of cultural, social, and the most economical means of having fun. You decide whether you want to come along or not. Simple as that. What is the flavor of this week? Check out my posts!
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Every once in a while, it's always good to find out who exactly we are and why we do the things we do. May I be so bold as to say that I can relate to your thoughts. I was once in your shoes, "who am I ?" was on my mind. That was 14 years ago and since then I've experimented, had crazy adventures, learned about many things and walked many paths and yes, life revealed itself to me and at times it wasn't pretty. But hey, that's the beauty of it. Life is still and always will be an adventure, and I love it!
All these experinces have taught me wisdom, humility, independence, loyalty, honor and above all, how to love and be loved unconditionally. That is my truth.
So I say this... now it's your turn to learn about life and find your own path to many adventures. Life is good when you allow yourself to really enjoy it. I admire you for sharing your thoughts and feelings.
Be good, live well and NEVER stop learning!
Post a Comment