I plan and post an event for the week. Each event packs a creative flavor of cultural, social, and the most economical means of having fun. You decide whether you want to come along or not. Simple as that. What is the flavor of this week? Check out my posts!

Friday, September 12, 2008

REVIEW on WEEK 37: Rochelle's Book Club


This event actually turned out to be more successful than I thought it'd be. I had initially thought that since it was an event related to books and literature that no one would want to go to, and that it would bore them. The words "books" and "party" usually don't associate. But I had a great time not only setting up the snacks, but sharing my books with everyone.

I felt like a mom while at the store selecting foods reminiscent to my childhood:
- String Cheese
- Potato Chips
- Carrot Sticks
- Grapes
- Pudding - chocolate and vanilla swirl, and banana
- Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (sliced in half)
- Tuna fish sandwich (sliced in half)
- Capri Sun juice

Books I shared, which I've (of course) enjoyed:
- Wicked
- The Unbearable Lightness of Being
- The Alchemist
- I Am Legend

The books people brought ranged from mystery to humor, science fiction to how-tos.
I also shared an array of art books, which I let people thumb through yet didn't let them borrow. I'm very possessive and anal when it comes to my books, art books in particular. I'm better with works of fiction, but I still hate it if I see a crease or smudge that wasn't there when I lent it out. Eh, just some pet peeves of mine.

----- STATISTICS -----
People attended: 11
Time alloted: 2.5 hours

----- RATING ----- (out of 5 stars)
Overall Experience: 4.0



We even took a class photo!!!

Hurray for Back-to-School!

3 comments:

Oliver Akuin said...

fun event!....but i could've sworn there was more than one person there?!

Alan Cheezy said...

I agree with Ollie. I was there too, so that makes 3 AT LEAST. That string cheese was really good. I just got back from Ralphs and picked up a pack.

Gabriel said...

i wish i brought some books. The second i got to your place, i realized some books i coulda brought. Anyways, i'm like on page 62 on my book now. I'm actually liking it.
Thanks for getting me back into reading for the time being.