I plan and post an event for the week. Each event packs a creative flavor of cultural, social, and the most economical means of having fun. You decide whether you want to come along or not. Simple as that. What is the flavor of this week? Check out my posts!

Monday, March 15, 2010

My own FLAVOR of the WEEK - Guacamole



Deane and I love guacamole. It's one of those foods we love and cherish equally, and one which promotes our happiness, or so I believe. We often argue about whose guac is better, challenging each other to a "Guac Off!" He likes to puree all the ingredients in his CuisineArt, making it thin and almost to the consistency of a bisque. I like to do EVERYTHING BY HAND! Mine is thick and has the consistency of a thick and creamy clam chowder.

Lately people have been asking me how I make my guacamole. I will share this simple recipe with you, so long as you promise me you'll make EVERYTHING BY HAND!

Rochelle's Heavenly (Holy) Guacamole!

1. Mix all of these in a bowl:
- 2 large ripe Avocados, shell removed (I usually use Hass avocados and keep seeds with avocados)
- 1 large Tomato, finely chopped (I usually use Roma because they're cheaper than Vine)
- 1/2 large Onion, finely chopped
- 1 large Lemon (remove the seeds first)
- 2 small Limes (optional)
- 2 tbs Cilantro (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste

2. With a spoon, mix all the ingredients together, making sure you scrape all the avocado off of its seed. After a couple minutes you'll get the consistency you want, which is thick, but juicy.

3. Eat with your favorite chips.

Note: Lasts up to three days in the fridge. The lemon/lime and the avocado seeds help to keep it from browning too fast.

Enjoy!
:)Ro

No comments: