- designed biz cards and spreadshirt t-shirt design
Tuesday
- pilates
- playwriting class - critique of my 10 minute play "White Horse"
Wednesday
- discussed acting reel with client


- Breaking Bad at the PaleyFest
- Hokusai for dinner

Thursday
- Deane's bday - dinner at Alibi Room - Kogi tacos
Friday
- finished freelance
Saturday
- shipped all the items I sold this week (typewriter jewelry and bottle cap earrings)



- Deane's bday dinner at STK
Sunday
- Mom's house - errands and Panda Inn for dinner

SUPPER TUESDAY REVIEW:
I thought I'd have a harder time with the chicken than I did, though I'm not aching to try it again anytime soon. This is the first time I cooked a whole chicken. I loosened the chicken up by getting my fingers under its skin. Then I rubbed it with butter and herbs, and stuck it in the fridge over night. Deane said to make sure to discard the innards. Gross. I pulled out a heart, liver, kidneys, and whatever other gross organs the chicken has. I had a helluva time picking it up. It was so slippery, and though only 3 lbs. I could barely grip it with my one hand. Sort of a disaster. I didn't have any string to truss the chicken, so I just "winged" it. I had to improvise because I didn't have roasting pan, so I used a cookie sheet and placed Deane's grilling rack over that, and placed the chicken on top. I then squirted some lemon over the chicken because lemon, butter, salt, and pepper make anything taste better. I found a recipe in one of the cookbooks that explained at what temperature and for how long to cook the chicken. It cooked for about an hour at 450, with the apple pie I had in there. I took it out just before I left for class, and it was actually really tasty. Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment