I plan and post an event for the week. Each event packs a creative flavor of cultural, social, and the most economical means of having fun. You decide whether you want to come along or not. Simple as that. What is the flavor of this week? Check out my posts!

Thursday, January 31, 2008

REVIEW on WEEK 5: Creating a Silly Sock Creature



People came with food and materials ready to start the night’s event. I liked that all who attended were willing and ready to make a baby and nothing was going to stop them. This eagerness allows me to continue to plan events. I don’t do it for selfish reasons (well, to a certain extent maybe I do) but I do it because I love my friends and I love getting us together to experience something new and unusual.

Potluck items:
- Hummus
- Pot roast
- Teriyaki Chicken
- Carrot Cake/Cheesecake

The food was good, especially the pot roast and the teriyaki chicken. Decent turnout - 7 people. Some had sketched out ideas of what they wanted their creatures to look like, while others cut, stuffed, and sewed without any inspiration. Each was a unique creation, all different from the others. Even the guys impressed me by making a sock creature. Theirs looked the most anime-ish of the bunch.

Creating the sock creatures was a bit more challenging not following the instructions of a book. I’m still getting used to needle and thread. Patience is something I need to work on. Everyone did pretty well and for the most part I think everyone was pleased with their newborns.

----- STATISTICS -----
People attended: 7
Time allocated: 4 hours

----- RATING ----- (out of 5 stars)
Potluck: 3.5 (the food was good, but needed more variety)
Making [sock] babies: 4 (new experiences equal new frustrations, but it was fun nonetheless and something we’d all like to try again.)
Overall Experience: 4.5 (Gave it a higher rating than the other scores, because it’s definitely something to do again, whether solo or with a group. Once you pop you can’t stop!)

1 comment:

Oliver Akuin said...

in one of the pics, my monster is a octopus/ghost/bunny monster and in the other, it's a rastafarian monster! haha