I plan and post an event for the week. Each event packs a creative flavor of cultural, social, and the most economical means of having fun. You decide whether you want to come along or not. Simple as that. What is the flavor of this week? Check out my posts!

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

WEEK 5: Mardi Gras Weekend!


Wow, I can't believe Mardi Gras is coming up so soon! I've been wanting to do this for years, so I figure, why not do it as one of my blog events?

What: Mardi Gras Celebration
Where: Farmers Market
When: Saturday, February 2nd - meeting there around 3ish.

I've been wanting to go to the heart of Mardi Gras mayhem - New Orleans - for years. I love me some creole food... you know me and the spicy!!! But I can settle for local action. We'll be festivating with the other Fat Tuesday party goers before the actual Fat Tuesday, so hopefully you'll indulge in the same mindset as me: being a gluttonous fool and eating and drinking to my leisure. I know I could use me some of that.....

If you can't make it at this time, the show is running all weekend and on Fat Tuesday. The reason I'm not doing a Tuesday event is... well, you know how Hollywood gets on party nights and you know how late I get out of work. No good. So let's be smart this time and learn from our mistakes, shall we?

For more info: http://www.farmersmarketla.com/newsandevents/index.asp

Taken from Calendarlive.com:
"This three-day fat Tuesday celebration will feature Grammy nominee Lisa Haley & the Zydecats (7 p.m. Saturday) and other musical acts, plus beads, beer and other attractions.

Hours:
Saturday, February 2: noon - 9:30 p.m.
Sunday, February 3: noon - 7:30 p.m.
Tuesday, February 5: 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.

Price: Free.
Box office: 323-933-9211"

No comments: