I plan and post an event for the week. Each event packs a creative flavor of cultural, social, and the most economical means of having fun. You decide whether you want to come along or not. Simple as that. What is the flavor of this week? Check out my posts!

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Flavors of the Days

So I've had super-busy weekends... yes, hard to believe I do anything besides work and perchance a blog event. It used to be that the blog event was my only event that week. But not so.
On Friday, we went to Thinkspace to see Kukula and the dreamcatcher gallery. Pretty stuff. But all of the same girl. I thought to myself, "I can't really draw, but I can draw one character pretty decent." So this inspired me to paint my character in different hairstyles, costumes, and in different environments. The idea of little girls as sex objects kind of weirded me out, but I guess it's nothing new. Cute and creepy. My sort of thing. Check it: http://www.kukulaland.com/

Palermo's followed. Pretty good pizza. Very cheesy and tomatoey, the way I like 'em! The tiramisu was excellent too!

Saturday was hiking in Runyon Canyon, followed by shopping on Melrose. First time this year that I bought clothes for myself. Very cute and very fashionable tops. Therapeutic to say the least. And I felt a little more generous towards myself since the new job. Yay! Congratulations to me! I feel so blessed and am so grateful for this, even if it does last only till July. Anywho, after shopping we went to Lala's, an Argentinian Restaurant. I was fixated on the sauce that they served with the bread. I don't even know what it's called, but we guessed it had EVOO, parsley, and red pepper. So simple and SOOOOO delicious! Being that it was lunner, I shared the chorizo (sausage) sandwich. YUMMY! I LOOOOVE sausage! Then, had to hurry back to OC to watch "Assassins" with a friend. I can't believe I watched two Stephen Sondheim musicals in the span of 5 days! I like the dark humor, yet it disturbed me a bit, only because of the recent tragedy. Not a fun topic to poke at... well, maybe you just gotta be in the mood.

Oh, but dinner was tasty as well. We went to Guppy Teahouse. The coconut rose tea was interesting. Reminded me of some thai dish.

To finish the weekend off with excitement, I went out with my family to McCormick and Schmick's down in OC. We ended up getting a free meal since the kitchen was backed up because of a large party. Appetizer, soup, salad, entrees, and desserts! Free! Wonderful! Made the meal even better than it was. And the seafood is quite tasty and light, though I do wish I had ordered the sashimi after all. Go with your gut, Ro...



Enjoy the pictures. My stomach is full! Too much good eats!

No comments: