I plan and post an event for the week. Each event packs a creative flavor of cultural, social, and the most economical means of having fun. You decide whether you want to come along or not. Simple as that. What is the flavor of this week? Check out my posts!

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Flavor of the Day - The Academy and Ice Cream

Friday Night:

After a busy day at work I headed to Beverly Hills to the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences. I'd never been before, but Sue Kroyer had forwarded me an email because her husband Bill was presenting the lecture. The discussion was on Art Direction and Production Design from the mid-20th century to now, and how new technologies are changing the way we produce sets. Very informative, though it was 2.75 hours long, and after a while some of the guests' topics became redundant. We viewed the art gallery - Ink and Paint - after the presentation. It was very inspiring. I need to go and produce my own pieces of artwork!

Then we headed to Westwood Village and met up with many of the "spoiled college kids" for some ice cream cookie sandwiches at Diddy Riese. I can never spell the name of that place! I had heard about this place from a number of friends who recommended it, and I wasn't disappointed! The prices were very low considering the area. 35 cent cookies! And they were good cookies, too. I tried the chocolate chip & walnut cookies with espresso chip ice cream in the center. It was heaven! That and a glass of milk and I was content... followed by a nice stroll around the little village.


I would definitely go back for more screenings: www.oscars.org
And more ice cream: http://losangeles.citysearch.com/profile/44293/

No comments: