I plan and post an event for the week. Each event packs a creative flavor of cultural, social, and the most economical means of having fun. You decide whether you want to come along or not. Simple as that. What is the flavor of this week? Check out my posts!

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Flavor(s) of the Day(s)


I've had an action-packed last few days:

THURSDAY:
826LA benefit at Anthropologie at the Grove. Deane won a papier mache head. So cute!

FRIDAY:
Watched "The Mikado" an opera by Gilbert and Sullivan at the Cerritos Performing Arts Center. Very fun! Happy ending! Catchy tunes. Like a cross between musical and opera.

SATURDAY:


1. Went with my mom to a buffet lunch at the Indian Restaurant, one of my favorite Indian restaurants in Little India, followed by asian market shopping at 99 Ranch across the street.

2. JPL Open House - interesting, though would have been more interesting if I understood more about robotics and this sort of space technology. I'm not a geek enough, sad to say, though space fascinates me and I still want to take a trip to outer space one day.



3. Dinner at Restaurant Fifteen - tried their $15 tasting menu - good food for a good price! I ordered the mac and cheese, the seared salmon, and we had chef's choice for dessert which was yummerz.

4. Kelly Towles Art Gallery - mediocre, minimal pieces, not as inspiring as other galleries I've visited lately
5. Iron Man at Paramount Studios - I love taking any chance I can to get on the Paramount "campus." And the movie was fun and one of the best Marvel movies yet. I did have low expectations going into it though.

No comments: