I plan and post an event for the week. Each event packs a creative flavor of cultural, social, and the most economical means of having fun. You decide whether you want to come along or not. Simple as that. What is the flavor of this week? Check out my posts!

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

REVIEW on WEEK 20: Sushi Night

For many people their experience with sushi has been just consuming it, not actually creating it. So when people learned about sushi and how to make it - use the sticky rice, add rice vinegar, let cool, spread on top of the nori, add fillings, roll - they found out it was a lot easier (and cheaper) than they had thought it would be. People brought many types of fillings that I haven't even tried before. We had cucumber, avocado, smoked salmon, imitation crab, bacon, brie, mexican cheese, carrots, jalapenos. Each person had a chance to sit in the "sushi seat" and make a roll with whatever ingredients they liked. The end results were a variety of different yet tasty kicks in our mouths. Yes, the bacon was pretty good and a nice alternative to the fish. Asparagus is another ingredient that I usually use more of but it just slipped my mind this time.

Some of us also got experimental with creative rolls, some of which we named: Firecracker Night, Dragon Scale, Rabbit Roll, and Squirrel Chaser.

I also made a huge batch of Japanese chicken curry in case the sushi didn't fill us up. Originally the sushi would have been the appetizer, but I got carried away and made multiple rolls which just about filled everyone up. I hope people will continue to experiment with sushi and I hope to come up with a roll I can sell, or finally go along with my "Wrap and Roll" idea I had way back in college. In any case, this was a pretty successful event! :)


STATISTICS -----
People attended: 8
Time alloted: 3 hours

----- RATING ----- (out of 5 stars)
Overall Experience: 4.5

2 comments:

Gabriel said...

I'll give this one 6 stars!! By far i think this was my favorite event. I can now say i've made sushi in my lifetime on this planet earth. :)

Ames Away said...

Thank you so much for hosting this. You've inspired me to try many different things through your events.