

Saturday, May 10th - Spent the day in Malibu...
Hiking in Temescal Canyon... nice trails despite the dry season. We came across a waterfall with little water falling but a trickle. You could climb a rope up the rocks to the top of the waterfall. I got up halfway. Super scary! My shoes were slippery. And I thought I was going to lose my life the entire time. When it comes to hikes and nature, I'm all for it, but not so much rock climbing. Have you guys heard my story about rappelling down a cavern? Rocks and heights equals broken ro... Anyway, there were other cool things to discover as well, like hidden caves and a bustling beehive. Beware the poison oak though.



After we stopped to relieve our bladders, we went to this gorgeous beach in Malibu called El Matador. We checked out the other two, but our first stop was by far the best. I'm not a fan of So-Cal beaches, but this one was very intimate and had unique rock formations... one in the shape of an elephant. Many couples and families were there taking family photos or anniversary pics. Great picture spot... just a little chilly. I haven't been by the ocean out here for a while. But I always freeze as far as I can recall.



By this time we were starving (or at least I was) so we went to Malibu Village and ate at Nobu Restaurant. Supposedly Matthew McConnehey was there, or so stated one of the papparazzi. Didn't see him there, of course. But the food was delicious! Well worth the prices. Not super fancy either for we trailed in with the clothes that had been accumulating dirt all day. I ordered what I usually order when I try a new sushi place - albacore sashimi and spicy tuna roll. So good! The spicy seafood soup was very filling and very good, as well as the tempera (mushroom, pumpkin, and sweet potato) and the beef sukiyaki. Raw beef there tastes like the seared ahi tuna (one of my favorites!!!!!!!)
Thus, I would highly recommend each of these places (the hike, the beach, and the restaurant) to only my close friends (to keep the number of people at a minimal.) Perfect place to spend a Saturday.
Oh, and once we were back in town, we stopped at MILK for ice cream and sorbet. Yum-yum!!!
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment