I skipped out on the movie night and went to Hollywood's Write Act Reparatory Theatre to watch seven 10-minute plays. It was called "Reservations for Two" and the theme was about love. I like how the program represented a menu and the price was the theme of the play. Another night which I thought would be valuable for me since I'm trying to write a couple short plays myself. All were enjoyable.
Wednesday, May 21st:
We went to Little Tokyo's David Henry Hwang Theatre to watch the East West Players' performance of "Pippin." Several reasons why I wanted to see this production: 1) orchestrated by the Stephen Schwartz, the same man who orchestrated "Wicked," 2) Asian performers (gotta represent my people), 3) anime-like hair and costumes, 4) hip hop dancing. I loved the theme - enjoying the small things in life and being happy with what we have. The grandma was my favorite as she reminded me of mine, especially when sprinkling in some Japanese words. There was even a karaoke segment, where the audience sings along to the song. Anyway, it was brilliant and unlike any performance I've ever seen. Go watch it if you get a chance.

*Picture from Goldstar Events.
No comments:
Post a Comment