
We placed a sign on our door that read: "Welcome to Toroni's Coffee Shop." I made a little menu and sign-up sheet, and we prepared little "nibblers" as I like to call them - grapes, crackers, salami, brie, dried fruit. The coffee we sampled was brewed by my roomies (I barely know how to make coffee... please don't make me make coffee, I don't know how and I don't want that job...
.) Nika and I read some poetry we had written, hers about coffee and mine about random flights of my mind. Nothing new really. But what is new is Nika's new blog about coffee shops and conversations - where we like to write and converse, much like a symposium except we substitute coffee/tea for wine. Amy sang a song she wrote for a boy long ago. I have yet to persue this ambition. And Mayra and Sheri both said a joke. Tony brought up an interesting idea about random curiosities, namely existence: "Where are we before we're born?", " How do we know we're alive?" Philosophical things like that. And then I knew that religion would have a say in it. So the conversation slid back and forth between what the church teaches and what we as individuals believe. Most interesting how the night unfolded organically.
----- STATISTICS -----
People attended: 7
Time alloted: 4 hours
----- RATING ----- (out of 5 stars)
Overall Experience: 4.0 (Hooray for people who like debates!)
Thanks to all your input, everyone! It's inspired my next event!
No comments:
Post a Comment