
Took Deane to a restaurant I'd read about in AAA's Westways Magazine. When I checked the review online, I second-guessed my whole decision. But I'm glad we followed through with the idea. True, it is located in a strip mall off of Vine, but its interior compensated that. It's a wine bar known for its famous "pig candy." All of their ingredients are from locally-grown farmers, all organic. Their bacon is specially shipped to them, and it's obvious why. You just can't find great bacon in California, or so I've learned from Deane. What first gave me the idea was the fact that Deane loves bacon (aka pig candy) and I love cheese (aka cheese platters and a variety of cheese dishes), and we both love wine. And the "cheesy card" I sent him only complemented the night.
Here's what we ordered:
Drink -
- Dupont Brut de Normandie Cider - 4 apples, organic (First cider I've ever had and I absolutely LOVE IT!!! I think I'm a cider-type of girl.)

Appetizer -
- Pig Candy (We had to order two Deane loved it so much!)
- Roast fresh figs, Rogue Smokey Blue, roasted grapes, almonds (good mixture of items, fully complemented each other.)

Main -
- Burrata, stone fruit, prosciutto, wild arugula (filling!)
- Niman flat iron steak, bisto potatoes, Romano beans (meat was so good! You can tell it was a properly-raised cow, well-respected, well-loved - my kinda cow!)

Dessert -
- Plum sorbet with raspberries and chocolate
I don't know how it gets such great business based on its strip mall location, but I guess good reviews spread the word faster than an attractive building on the side of the street. So please, check this place out for yourself; I'm sure you won't regret it.
No comments:
Post a Comment