
Based on last week's event, I thought this could be fun for us:
In ancient Greece, men would gather to debate, plot, and party with others in a forum called a "symposium". Likewise I'd like to debate, plot, and party with you. Since the symposium originated in Greece, I thought it proper to eat a Greek meal and drink lots of wine provided by the Greek god of wine, Dionysus. So please bring all the food and wine you believe appropriate to keep us debating all night. And, while you're bringing food/wine, please remember to bring your topic(s) of debate, to which we will either dissect it to its root or cast it aside with more confusion. Half hour for each topic, max. We could (and most likely would) debate long into the morning if we got carried away.
Be warned! I love Greek mythology so I may open the night with a favorite of mine.
WHAT: Greek Food and Symposium
WHEN: Wednesday, July 16th at 7:00pm
WHERE: My Apt. Symposium
Please remember to bring an open mind to think and speak freely. I look forward to gaining some sense of wisdom.
For more info about "Symposium": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symposium
Socrates' Symposium has also inspired this event. Please take a listen to "The Philosophy Podcast" if you get a chance.
* Dionysus approves! *
No comments:
Post a Comment