I plan and post an event for the week. Each event packs a creative flavor of cultural, social, and the most economical means of having fun. You decide whether you want to come along or not. Simple as that. What is the flavor of this week? Check out my posts!

Thursday, July 17, 2008

REVIEW on WEEK 29: Greek Symposium


I really wish I could have decorated more, though I had some grape leaves that a friend gave me (which I used to decorate but wish I would have saved to cook a fish with.) Togas would have been fun to wear, and servants feeding us grapes would have been spectacular! I think I spent most of my energy on buying the Greek food that by the time people came and started talking, I was pooped! But the food granted us was fit for the gods.

On the menu:
- Pita bread
- Hummus
- Chicken
- Greek Salad
- Greek Pizza
- Dolmas (Grape Leaves)
- I wish we had some baklava :(

The topics discussed included:
- are people overall good by nature, or bad?
- private vs. public schools
- why people do stupid things
- survival of the fittest
-

----- STATISTICS -----
People attended: 5
Time alloted: 3 hours

----- RATING ----- (out of 5 stars)
Overall Experience: 3.5 (Hooray for people the Greeks!)

And how convenient that Deane and I watched Ovid's "Metamorphoses" the following night. I love the fables about love and choice and change.

We ate at Eclectic next door. Deane ordered the lamb, I tried the apple pie (which I wouldn't recommend), and we shared the wine tasting. The white wine was our favorite.

No comments: