

Fear factor time. I can't believe we ate crickets! They were pretty crispy and salty, sitting amidst a bed of shredded potatoes sprinkled with garlic and salt... which was overkill for me. But at least I can say I tried crickets now. As far as the other dishes, we ordered frogs legs, samosas, gyoza, kungpao chicken, pineapple fried rice, and Malaysian noodles. The Pan-Asian food was mediocre at best, and definitely not authentic. (My "authentic gauge" is this: if you ask for spicy, and it comes out spicy, it's authentic. In Typhoon's case, their spicy is mild.) As for the service, it wasn't memorable, though I did like how they had coat hangers for people to hang their possibly-wet coats. (It was sprinkling that night.) But the company was great, and I'm glad people tried the crickets with me. Hey, you can't diss something till you try it... and now I can officially say I don't like the taste of crickets... though they weren't quite as disgusting as I thought they'd taste.----- STATISTICS -----
People attended: 5
Time alloted: 2.5 hours
----- RATING ----- (out of 5 stars)
Overall Experience: 3.5
No comments:
Post a Comment