

I guess I kinda messed up on this one. I read the website's hours and saw that they were open from 12 to 7pm. But that's probably the hours for the village itself, NOT Oktoberfest. The beer hall opened at 6:30pm, and we were long gone before then. But we explored the abandoned town, saw the little stores, and went to the marketplace. There we sampled delicious meats and cheeses from Germany and its surrounding countries. Deane picked up two kinds of bacon and a black forest ham. I picked up a bottle of Riesling with a golden monkey adorning its body. Then we went to the deli, where we tried bratwurst (with sauerkraut) and goulash soup. The Hefeweisen was superb! Very sweet! I usually don't like beer, but this one was tasty.
All in all, it was a decent German experience... I was bummed that we didn't get the "Oktoberfest" experience. Eh, I'm not a fan of beer anyway (though I wouldn't mind another Hefeweisen to fill me up with carbonated, stinging burps.)
----- STATISTICS -----
People attended: 2
Time alloted: 2.5 hours
----- RATING ----- (out of 5 stars)
Overall Experience: 3.0

That night, I went to Amy's Broadway Musical Birthday Party. It was a lot of fun. I dressed up as my favorite: Elphaba from Wicked, degreenified. I'm so proud that Amy planned such a kick-ass party! Congrats and Happy Birthday!
Also, that reminds me... the night before I took her to Hollywood to watch a play called "Asleep on a Bicycle." It was one of the better plays I've seen all year. Very whimsical, surreal, witty, touching, etc. A woman who is struggling with family issues discovers the great love she has with them through her dreams. My words can't give it justice. Just go out and see it if you get a chance.
1 comment:
THANK YOU RO RO FOR MAKING MY B-DAY KICK ASS!!! I LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment