I plan and post an event for the week. Each event packs a creative flavor of cultural, social, and the most economical means of having fun. You decide whether you want to come along or not. Simple as that. What is the flavor of this week? Check out my posts!

Thursday, October 30, 2008

REVIEW on WEEK 44: Tarot Card Reading


We started the night with the Reading. I set the table up with an old package design project I did called Casting Shadow, which combines the four elements into different elements used in casting spells - candles (fire/Salamander), incense (air/Sylph), plants/herbs (earth/Gnome), and oil (water/Siren). I lit a couple white candles between the tarot reading section, and placed a 4 elements poster behind me as the backdrop. Incense burned in the living room. Appropriately dressed like a gypsy, I gave each guest one reading - the week-ahead reading, which, as appropriately named, gave us some insight on how their weeks would progress. Such themes included love, finances, work, and friendship.

Following the reading we played some Mario Kart on the Wii, followed by the horror/suspense/thriller "The Skeleton Key," a movie to which I like introducing people. If you haven't seen it, the ending's twist is always the best part, and everything is very clear. One of my favorites to watch around this Halloweeny time of year.

---- STATISTICS -----
People attended: 3
Time alloted: 3.5 hours

----- RATING ----- (out of 5 stars)

Overall Experience: 4.0


Also, some photos from Friday's Kids Party at Nick, along with the other festivities that day, like pumpkin carving and costume contests:










FUN FUN FUN!!!

No comments: