


The guys spent about three weeks decorating for the party. I helped with some of the painting, lighting, etc. And it turned out pretty good: Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, Nightmare Before Christmas, Peter Pan, Swiss Family Robinson, Sleeping Beauty, among more generic Halloween themes. People were dressed as various Disney characters like Mickey/Minnie, Belle, Jasmine, Tiger Lily, Tinker Bell, Jack Sparrow, etc. And the non-Disney: Benjamin Franklin, A Penguin and a Penis, and usual sexy-girl costumes. Deane and I went as Roger Rabbit and Jessica Rabbit. My first time doing a couples-costume. We received plenty of compliments. I'm happy with how our costumes turned out. It's amazing how much potential thrift stores have. As far as the actual party, Vinyl Candy performed a few songs, and we followed that up with a birthday cake (raspberry mousse) for Justin and Pete. I wanted to do some other events, but people seemed more into the drinking and socializing. I'm more of an "everybody get together and do the same thing" type of party. So I was a bit disappointed when none of my activities prevailed. No apple-bobbing, though I used some of the apples to make "poison apples." No pumpkin-carving/decorating, though I had gotten the pumpkins and the carving/painting supplies. No costume contest, though I had bought plenty of prizes for all the contests. Ah well. I guess I can save them for Tuesday night, or another night of fun!
----- STATISTICS -----
People attended: 50+
Time alloted: 4.5+ hours
----- RATING ----- (out of 5 stars)
Overall Experience: 4.0 (because my activities only survived in my head.)




No comments:
Post a Comment