I'm super-surprised at how many sales shops are having, especially since it's not even post-Turkey Day. I guess it entices people to shop with the 30% off signs everywhere. One thing to note: I hate listening to Christmas songs before Thanksgiving (after Thanksgiving till Christmas I love it!) But I noticed that the Christmas "cheer" music was amped while I shopped. It's how they get you into the Holiday shopping mode subconsciously. But in this economy I can see why. It's sure a telling of the times.
Anyway, let me tell you about all the cool things I bought:
Melrose:
- American Vintage: purple scarf, black leather belt, long gray socks
- Nil: 3 pairs of boots
- Boutique: Long sleeved black school girl dress
- Kawai Boutique: coat, jumper hoodie, black jacket
- Shoes: dressy black shoes (sexy!)
Americana:
-H&M: 2 coats, long sleeved white shirt, black dress pants, gloves
Scarves, boots, gloves, coats... I can now say I'm addicted to buying winter clothes, especially the boots! It's so funny; I've never been addicted to buying shoes of any kind, but today I admit my defeat. The way they accentuate your height, and flatter any leg... wonderful creation by man. I want to design my own pair now! So excited! (Hey, at least I'm off my music-buying obsession... for now.)
:)
Granted, some clothes are more cute than weather-functional, but I think those are still well-suited for winter in LA. Plus, where can you really find "winter clothes"? On the East Coast, yes, but who would bundle up for the snow when you live by the beach? I dunno. Me, I suppose, since I freeze in negative sixty degrees. I'm so pathetic. I hope I can survive San Francisco and Mendocino. I'll keep you posted though.
I plan and post an event for the week. Each event packs a creative flavor of cultural, social, and the most economical means of having fun. You decide whether you want to come along or not. Simple as that. What is the flavor of this week? Check out my posts!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment