I plan and post an event for the week. Each event packs a creative flavor of cultural, social, and the most economical means of having fun. You decide whether you want to come along or not. Simple as that. What is the flavor of this week? Check out my posts!

Friday, December 12, 2008

REVIEW on WEEK 50: Freeway Series

I've been volunteering every Thursday for the duration of the performance, alternating between the box office and the concessions/bar. And I'm proud to say that I can now open a bottle of wine without any help. (But I still can't drink much. Inhaling the fumes alone gets me tipsy.) I also helped with the house lights. Anything to do to help, I'm willing. Now I hope I can get at least one of my plays in a show next year. But I'm sure I'll be able to assist the producers on many levels of production.

As far as the "Freeway" series goes, my two favorite one acts are: "The Looney Bin" and "Life is Like a Perfect Cupcake." These two are about twenty minutes each, much longer than some of the others. But the entire performance is nicely woven together. The more I watch it, the more I enjoy it. I stay afterwards to mingle with the audience and fellow members of Write Act. So many nice, fun people. I'm having a blast learning about theatre.

Several friends have made it down. Thanks for the support!

---- STATISTICS -----
People attended: 5
Time alloted: 2.5 hours

----- RATING ----- (out of 5 stars)

Overall Experience: 4.0

No comments: