I plan and post an event for the week. Each event packs a creative flavor of cultural, social, and the most economical means of having fun. You decide whether you want to come along or not. Simple as that. What is the flavor of this week? Check out my posts!

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

REVIEW on WEEK 51: Holiday Cookie Exchange


I love Christmastime. It comes only once a year so I like to have a little party where friends come together and we listen to Christmas songs (if no carolers come around), light the ceramic Christmas tree (if we can't get a real tree) and hang stockings (even if we don't have a fireplace.) But what a way to celebrate, especially since I prepared so many cookies. Everyone came together and helped put the cookies on their sheets, or decorate. Deane cooked us a yummy dinner - spaghetti and meatballs - red sauce and white sauce - and salad! Yummy!

Here are the Recipes I followed. (I had help from my mom, brother, and Deane. Thank you!):

Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Chunks -
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Peanut-Butter-Cookies-with-Chocolate-Chunks/Detail.aspx
Swirled Mint Cookies -
http://www.cooksrecipes.com/cookie/swirled-mint-cookes-recipe.html
Chocolate Mint Cookies -
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chocolate-Mint-Cookies-I/Detail.aspx
Whipped Shortbread Cookies -
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Whipped-Shortbread-Cookies/Photo-Gallery.aspx
Chocolate Coconut Macadamia Cookies
(my aunt's recipe)

Others brought chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chocolate cookies, sugar cookies decorated with sprinkles and frosting, and chocolate coffee cookies. We also had gingerbread and pumpkin egg nog, cider, and wine.

---- STATISTICS -----
People attended: 5
Time alloted: 2.5 hours

----- RATING ----- (out of 5 stars)

Overall Experience: 4.0

I am going to bring these cookies to three potlucks I have this week! Everyone loves cookies!


No comments: