






I almost changed this location to another one at the last minute, but I'm so glad I kept it here. For one, I didn't want to keep confusing people since I changed the date once already. But I had my doubts. Why? 1.) They are still undergoing construction, 2.) the menu doesn't look professional, 3.) it didn't seem like anyone knew this place existed. Was it just in my head?
All night people kept telling me how awesome they thought the place was and where I had heard of it. Thanks, Daily Candy! - They had sent an email out a while ago, when it was still called "The Birdcage." I saw that they had four different rooms in which you could party. I chose the VIP room, which was a pretty cool lounge spot. The menu needs a makeover, but the food can speak for itself (though I will write on its behalf right now.) Superb quality for the price. I sampled people's dishes - fries, quesadillas, pumpkin soup, lamb, and stuffed shrimp. I didn't have a complaint about any of it. And the wait staff was incredible. Only two of them, but they managed to place people's orders on separate tabs - and not mess up! Everything went smoothly, as I had hoped. A tiny road bump, but that's to be expected.
Great vibe, atmosphere, staff, and food! I will definitely be going back soon myself. Armin, the owner, helped me plan this, and I can't give him enough kudos for all his help. Shoshana was so sweet, too! She got me a delicious fruit tart from Porto's! (and trick candles! hehe!) So yummy! Deane was sweet enough to indulge me like a princess! Amy made me a cute sock doll look-alike. I tried to make my rounds to everyone who came, chatting with them and making sure they were enjoying themselves. So, THANK YOU all who made it. For those who couldn't - you owe me! Just kidding. I know this time of year is hard for people to make it out. Holiday parties and all. But at least I know who my real friends are... haha, again, just kidding. But seriously, I had an amazing night... I'm used to lengthier bday parties, which may be my only complaint. We had to rush it to go to another party that night. Plus, the whole time I really wasn't thinking it was a party to celebrate my birth. I think because this year Thanksgiving happened so late that I'm still thinking I have another week or so before my actual birthday (which is, btw, on Tuesday the 9th. Mark your calendars!!!!)

---- STATISTICS -----
People attended: 20-30
Time alloted: 3.5 hours
----- RATING ----- (out of 5 stars)
Overall Experience: 4.5
----------------------
Deane and I left early (meaning by 10pm) to attend Henry and Andrea's Krampus Party. This party is special for us because this is where we met a full year ago. I'm so happy that handsome man came up to me and started a conversation with me. :) I can't believe it's been a whole year of knowing him already. But it was a special party for both of us, and Deane and I both look up to Hank and Andrea. They're where we want to be in the near future - director and architect. Cool people there. More upscale than me, but it's something for which to strive.

Cheers, babe!
1 comment:
Dangit, I got a parking ticket that night. Thought the sign said No Parking 8AM to 6PM...but it was actually 8PM to 6AM. Psh, laws...
Post a Comment