I plan and post an event for the week. Each event packs a creative flavor of cultural, social, and the most economical means of having fun. You decide whether you want to come along or not. Simple as that. What is the flavor of this week? Check out my posts!

Sunday, January 13, 2008

I'm New to Blogspot

I've been thinking how I could make my page more user-friendly and to allow guests (like you) an easier way to navigate the page. I'm at my mom's trying to figure this out, the background noise of football on the TV and the struggling efforts of the washing machine attempting to alter my focus. My dogs are getting hair all over me, but I love the furballs. The constant interruptions don't bother me much; it's the computer that frustrates me most. Technology and I have always had a love-hate relationship. As some of you know, I have this odd ability to commune with different types of energy, especially lights and electricity. But I also did my research and through much trial and error, I have figured out how to improve this site - to make you happy and to appease my OCD of perfection.

So here is a list of things I've updated (in case some of you didn't bother to read the above paragraph):

-------- MENU -------- (left sidebar)
I have added a menu for better navigation so you can jump to what you want to read in a more organized fashion. (I still have the posts archived by month as well, but this serves as a more efficient means of filing.) I wanted a bar across the top, but I haven't figured that out yet. This will suffice for the time being, though.

The posts have been divided into categories:
A. About This Site - includes my first blog entry and will keep you updated on things other than the other two categories: "Events" and "Reviews."
B. Events - self explanatory - lists the events planned each week so you can mark it in your calendar.
C. Reviews - also self explanatory - lists the reviews of events for each week so that you can decide (if you weren't there) whether you want to attend the event or not on your own.

I still need to add:
- A calendar for each month so that events will be more straightforward when viewing.

-------- POLL -------- (left sidebar)
Please select your top three choices for your favorite events and activities. If you want me to plan something specific, let me know. And if you want me to help with party planning, I can help you with that as well, though I do charge an appropriate, yet reasonable, fee. A "Party Planner" option is in the works right now.

-------- NEWSREEL --------- (bottom of page)
I have added related news articles to my page, so if you're looking for something else to do in the area, just select on one of those links. They have a variety of sources for you to browse through.


That's all for now. I'll keep you updated as more changes are made! Just select on "About This Site" in the MENU to learn more about the updates and what's going on.

-RP

2 comments:

perpetualpotential said...

The navigating is very intuitive. Excellent work!

perpetualpotential said...

The navigating is very intuitive. Excellent work!