Every year I have a list of new year's resolutions to complete by the end of the year. This year I have a whole bunch of things I want to complete before 2008 bows out and welcomes 2009 to stage. To help me better manage my "list of things to do" I decided to kill two birds with one stone: accomplish things I've always wanted to do, and do them with the people I love. Yes, that includes you. You know who you are... wink wink! I plan to mark things off my list AND become even more of a social butterfly. Yes, if you know me you remember how much I love planning events, thus I will be expanding my network through blogspot and have planned a list of activities. Hopefully I will be able to plan one event per week, such as food excursions in the local LA area, camping/road trips and weekend getaways, crazy thrills (like skydiving), art galleries, theatre, games, parties, etc.
You can choose any and all of the events you like. I know you all love me and will try your hardest to make it to all of them. This blog works like an evite thing, except I don't send out invitations. All you do is visit my page as often as you like (or if you're bored and have nothing to do tonight or this weekend.) Decide whether you want to come with me because I'm going to be doing these things solo or with 100 people! If you ARE interested in any event, give me a call or email me your RSVP. Please DO NOT give my cell phone number or email out to anyone! I don't want someone I dislike coming with me and ruining my whole trip. Trust me; been there, done that. I'm tired of that. Please read qualifications below.
Qualifications:
1. Must be Rochelle's friend, or a friend of Rochelle's friend.
2. Must follow RSVP dates. No late RSVPs will be accepted.
3. Must be able to have fun. No whiners, no complainers, no PMSing allowed! Negativity can be contagious, and I will have none of it. It will be discarded quickly to assure that the entire group has a good time and a positive experience.
4. Only 2 flakes per person. If you RSVP yes, but then cancel at the last minute, you are a flake and will have what I call a "flake" (point against you.) I only allow this two times because I know things come up last minute. 3 flakes and you're out!
5. Open, honest communication. Let me know if you enjoyed this experience, if you would never do it again, or if you'd recommend it to a friend. My feelings won't be hurt... I hope.
In expanding on the last qualification: After the event, anyone who has attended is welcome to provide feedback and photos of the excursion. (See how I combined my love of adventure with writing a review... always wanted to be a food critic. Now we can all be adventure critics!)
Anyway, this is a way to have fun and experience what life is all about. Hope you all can make it.
Please feel free to contact me with questions, comments, and suggestions!
Spread the love!
I plan and post an event for the week. Each event packs a creative flavor of cultural, social, and the most economical means of having fun. You decide whether you want to come along or not. Simple as that. What is the flavor of this week? Check out my posts!
Wednesday, January 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Rochelle!
This is an excellent idea. I look forward to see what you got planned!
Great Idea!!! Let's Party all the time!!! Let's do little Tokyo this weekend or tonight!!!
Post a Comment