
I've been thinking I don't get out much, but when I look back at all these pictures and when I actually think about what I've been up to, it's quite considerable considering work, writing, and planning. But this past week I feel like I've been pigging out way more than I should be. I can now proudly say I gained back those 5 pounds I lost in January, but have yet to restore the 10 lost in November. Yes, a considerable amount of eating, and I have yet to develop any method of portion control.THURSDAY:
KRUST: We went to Krust for a friend's last day at work. Very healthy food, though their portions have gotten smaller since I went there six months ago. Super close to work, decent prices, nice atmosphere. I even heard they will be adding pizza to their menu soon. I can't wait!
Lyric Theatre:
I have been busy buying tickets to plays, and plan on going to one a week in the next several weeks, sort of like a supplement to my playwright class I'm taking. So the first was at the Lyric Theatre in Hollywood. We watched "Orange Flower Water," which I highly recommend. Very great use of dialogue. The direction is artsy and clever, written by a writer from "Six Feet Under" I believe. The actors were very believable and of course, beautiful. There are two sex scenes, and a scene with "limited" clothes. The theme is one I could relate to, one which I think many can, in fact: we are all in search of true happiness/love, and many times in the pursuit of that happiness, we unintentionally make mistakes and hurt others, especially the ones we care about. It's very American and true to this age in its observance of marriage and divorce in this country.Mozza:



I had been wanting to try this restaurant for about a year now, but every time we get close, I am always too hungry and too impatient to wait for a seat. The food was worth the wait though. We ordered an eggplant appetizer and bruschetta with butternut squash and bacon on top. Pizza was tomato and red pepper with anchovies on top. Yes, I can now say I had pizza with anchovies on top. Very fishy. Even more than I prefer, but the meaty pizza that my friend got was delicious. Love the crust cuz it's thin and crispy, just how I like it. And for dessert we had 3 flavors of sorbet/gelato, a butterscotch custard thing, and a banana cream pie type of dessert. (I'm so bad I can't remember the names of the dishes.)

FRIDAY:
Bowery:
I finally tried the Bowery on Friday, which is one of my friend's favorite places to eat. I like the atmosphere there. Food was, once again, delish. We ordered eggplant chips, and I had the chicken in butternut squash with green beans. So filling and so good!
1 comment:
looking at all these food photos makes me hungry all over again! yum!
Post a Comment