


Our team arose early Saturday morning for this event located in Little Tokyo. We signed in and introduced ourselves to the other 12 teams, our team name "Creative Souls," though I prefer what we later came up with as "CS4", in honor of the soon-to-be updated Adobe title. We were given 24 questions to answer, and 6 scavenger hunt items to find/buy within 3 hours. From what I remember, each clue was located within Temple, Central, 3rd, and Spring. It was a scorcher day, so we were pretty sweaty and dehydrated for most of the race. We answered 22 of the 24 questions, only missing about 5 of them, and we finished in 7th, which turned out to be at least 6th because they miscalculated our points. Ah well. We were just happy to answer at least one question and not be in last place. Yay! The winners received medals and a T-Shirt. I really didn't feel too bad because they had been in the race before and had won first last time as well. It was exciting, educational, and fun, and I learned a lot more about that area than I would have had I just been walking there on my own. They force you to look around, ask questions, and solve some pretty clever riddles.
Check us out on their website: http://www.racela.com/cityrace_results.html


After hydrating ourselves with some Fuzion Green Tea (which is yummy and I refer it to anyone) we walked to the Cuban restaurant (a restaurant which I've been wanting to try for ages except every time I went with someone they'd always say that we're in Little Tokyo so we'll eat Japanese food only.) Anyway, the food here was pretty good, except I don't know how accurate my taste buds were considering that I could pretty much eat anything at that point. I ordered the sampler which included such yum-yums as empanadas, tamales, sausage, potato balls, and banana chips. Among us we had a cuban sandwich, steak, and shredded pork. The black beans mixed with rice was tasty too. Me and carbs, man.



Then I had heard about this pillow fight going on nearby, so I thought it would be cool to check that out. Apparently March 22nd is International Pillow Fight Day. I don't know who made that up, but I like whoever did. We drove down the street to Hill, and then walked to Pershing Square where the bashing took place. I joined in a little but with only one hand swinging, I got clobbered by one of the participants and then said no more. I ended up watching them instead and running into the friend who told me about it. Feathers flew everywhere! It was a decent turnout, and an event which the cops almost stopped but couldn't. I had to go to a family thing which I was 4 hours late to, but on the walk back to the car, we stopped by the marketplace for a refreshing drink. Is it summer already?

----- STATISTICS -----
People attended:
- CityRace/Cuban food: 4
- Pillow Fight: 8
Time alloted:
- CityRace/Cuban food: 3-5 hours
- Pillow Fight: 1 hour
----- RATING ----- (out of 5 stars)
CityRace: 4 (very fun, but a little pricey - $35. It did inspire me to come up with my own scavenger hunt around Burbank/Glendale though.)
Cuban Food: 4
Pillow Fight: 4 (more points for concept.)
Overall Experience: 5
2 comments:
nothing can stop the pillowfight!
For our first city-race, we didn't do so bad at all. Lotsa fun. GO TEAM C4!!!!!!!
Post a Comment