I plan and post an event for the week. Each event packs a creative flavor of cultural, social, and the most economical means of having fun. You decide whether you want to come along or not. Simple as that. What is the flavor of this week? Check out my posts!

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

REVIEW on WEEK 12: St. Patty's Day



Now, I have a question, if anybody can answer it: Is it "St. Paddy's" or "St. Patty's"? I've seen it spelled both ways. I figure it's "Patty's" because it's short for Patrick, not Padrick. What do you think?

But trudging forward with the review, the plans changed at the last minute. Many who said they would tag along didn't, so that gave our small group more liberties to decide our change of plans. No McMurphy's since the cover charge was $25. Not worth it. Didn't want to wait in a long-ass line either. So we went to Molly Malone's instead. This was one of the places I looked into last year to observe the Irish holiday, and since a friend of a friend's band was playing (The Mighty Regis), I thought why not? Fun Irish music... beer... red face... dizziness... hot flashes... racing heart...

Followed by 101 Coffee Shop. Fries... Some sort of shake that we referred to as "Better than an orgy," and a brownie waffle for dessert.

Good thing I went to the gym during lunch.

----- STATISTICS -----
People attended: 4
Time alloted: 4 hours

----- RATING ----- (out of 5 stars)
Pub: 4
Diner: 4
Overall Experience: 4 (and there was no traffic to slow us down!)

Looks like 4 was a lucky number... totally coinkidink!

1 comment:

Sheri Wheeler said...

My theory is it's St. Patty's for short. St Paddy's works too because "Paddy" is a slang term for someone who's Irish.