I plan and post an event for the week. Each event packs a creative flavor of cultural, social, and the most economical means of having fun. You decide whether you want to come along or not. Simple as that. What is the flavor of this week? Check out my posts!

Thursday, May 1, 2008

WEEK 19 - May 4th: Cinco de Mayo Celebration!


Hola, mis amigos!

I've never celebrated Cinco de Mayo, but I figure it's another excuse for me to throw a culturally-themed event at my place. Bring out your Mexican flags and sombreros and come over for some Mexican food. We'll be listening to some mariachi, eating beans with our meal, and sipping on some tequila or other Mexican-influenced beverages - someone bring the horchata and Mexican beers. I also have a pinata for us to bust up, so be ready for that as well.

WHAT: Cinco De Mayo Celebration!
WHEN: Sunday, May 4th, 2008 at 2:00 PM
WHERE: My apt.

This is an optional pot luck, which means you can make some food and bring it over as well. Need some good references for Mexican recipes?
http://www.mexicanmeals.net/
http://allrecipes.com/Recipes/World-Cuisine/Latin-America/Mexico/Main.aspx

Please RSVP so I know how much food to provide. Muchas gracias!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

¿dónde está la cerveza?

Gabriel said...

Here is my RSVP. This sounds like it'll be an awesome event! We can't say Beer tomorrow......only Cervesa....i'll for sure bring some of that