

Shoshana arrived at 8:00 in the morning and managed to reserve the last open table. It was in the sun, but at least we had a grill to use. So by the time people arrived, we grilled all the meat and other grillables, and then relocated ourselves to the dense shade of a tree. We munched on food like pasta salad, potato salad, cole slaw, fruit salad, chips, hot dogs, hamburgers, and kebabs. We played live music with our drums and guitar, and played park games like frisbee and cricket. An ice cream man wandered through as if an oasis in a desert appeared before us. The heat was unbearable. I even bought an umbrella special for this event, but then it ended up being too small to fit us all underneath. But in the shade it was perfect. All seemed to have a great time!
Thanks to everyone who helped me with this event, and thanks to all those who made it out to celebrate the holiday together!
----- STATISTICS -----
People attended: 18
Time alloted: 8 hours
----- RATING ----- (out of 5 stars)
Overall Experience: 4.5 (So much fun but so much sun!)


For fireworks, I went to Cerritos and watched them with my family. Afterwards, we walked back to my aunt's house in Norwalk and witnessed several sets of amateurs light the legal fireworks along with the exciting illegal ones from Mexico. My first time watching unprofessionals set them off. I cringed in suspense as the explosives flew like drunken rockets into the sky. Some even rose into the air like wayward spirits, screaming like baby banshees. Good times! I feel so patriotic and proud of my fellow American!
1 comment:
My parents live in Cerritos too! I lived there for 20+ years, same house too.
Post a Comment