I plan and post an event for the week. Each event packs a creative flavor of cultural, social, and the most economical means of having fun. You decide whether you want to come along or not. Simple as that. What is the flavor of this week? Check out my posts!

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

REVIEW on WEEK 9: Griffith Observatory







So it would seem, upon my predictions, that not too many people come out to events if they're not in the local Burbank or surrounding areas... or if they're not hosted at the apartment. That's fine. I just wanted to take a break and refuel the cash that seemed to be disappearing from my pockets... so when my pockets are deeper I can throw a super party! (which is in the works, BTW.)

Anyway, on with the review...

So I try my best to get out of work by 6pm. Nika picked me up and I wasn't able to leave until 6:20ish. Got to the observatory roughly around 7pm because of our run-in with LA traffic. The observatory is a lot different from how I remember. Last time I was there was 10 years ago, and all I remember, besides the pendulum, is the lazer show with the "fish heads" song attached. The movie we watched was pretty awesome! We sat in the huge dome and saw the magic of the universe and the stars come to life. It narrated the birth of our universe - the history to the present to the possibilities of future. I have taken an interest in astronomy, the birth of a star, black holes, solar flares, and the like. I have much to learn. We created our own earthquake and saw how much we would weigh on other planets. After the observatory, we went to Fred 62's down the street. I was starving! We shared the mediocre fish and chips, but the banana milk shake was amazing! It made me feel like a true monkey!

----- STATISTICS -----
People attended: 4
Time alloted: 4 hours

----- RATING ----- (out of 5 stars)
Observatory: 4 (because the big planet telescopes were closed... :(
Food: 3.5
Overall Experience: 4 - I was sooooo tired and exhausted from the work week...

3 comments:

Gabriel said...

hahaha, havin problems with the photoshopping? need any help with that?

Sheri Wheeler said...

I heart Fred 62.

Gabriel said...

The Photoshop job isn't so bad. Looks like i have an interesting haircut. But it proves the location the picture was taken at.