I plan and post an event for the week. Each event packs a creative flavor of cultural, social, and the most economical means of having fun. You decide whether you want to come along or not. Simple as that. What is the flavor of this week? Check out my posts!

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Flavor of the Day - Asian Lunches



The past couple days I've been eating some really good asian food with co-workers. Yesterday was Saladang, a Thai place in Pasadena. This place probably has the best quality of thai food for the best prices. We started with the Mee Grob - delicious! Vermicelli noodles with chicken... sweet and crispy.
Then I shared the papaya salad (which was very spicy and a little hard to eat because we had to chop the lettuce up ourselves), and the pad kee mau (which is my all-time favorite thai noodle dish.) Very tasty, very decent portions. And for dessert (of course, you can't have a complete meal without dessert) we had the mango sticky rice. So good!








Today we tried a Japanese soul restaurant called Daichan. It's in Studio City off of Ventura (which, btw, this street is home to many great eateries!) The interior just wowed me with the content and the amount of decor: drapes, parasol mobiles, bamboo, fans, Japanese clothing, Japanese art, the cutesy picture version of the menu... I could go on forever. We started with edemame. I ordered the Mix Poki Bowl, which consisted of a variety of raw sushi - ahi, yellowtail, salmon - mixed with a flavorful ginger sauce and lettuce sitting atop a mound of white rice. For dessert, we shared three: the steamed cheesecake, tempura fried green tea ice cream, and the Japanese custard cream puff. So tasty and so filling... yes, had a lapse of food coma after each.

....zzzZZZZzzzzZZzZZzZZ..... what pleasant dreams.

No comments: