I plan and post an event for the week. Each event packs a creative flavor of cultural, social, and the most economical means of having fun. You decide whether you want to come along or not. Simple as that. What is the flavor of this week? Check out my posts!

Friday, April 11, 2008

REVIEW on WEEK 15: Wine and Cheese Tasting


I try to hold an annual cheese party, so I wanted to combine wine with it again. We had a variety of cheeses from which to choose, and people brought wines, all of which were reds. Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Shiraz... the latter was my favorite! The cheeses we cut and laid out: 3 types of goat, gouda, fontina, stilton (blue), havarti and dill, and brie. (With all that cheese in me I'm surprised I didn't wake up needing to unload the presents in the morning.) Other appetizers, like hummus and pita bread, grapes, and olives adorned the table and soon after my belly. We paired the wines and the cheeses and tried to figure out which wines went with which cheeses. This time I could actually taste the difference between the wines. My favorites were the shiraz wine and the havarti and goat cheeses.

Once we all had some alcohol flowing in our veins we started the karaoke. It took about 15 minutes to actually get it going because everyone was too shy and no one wanted to go first. So I took the mic and had a couple of my girlfriends sing along with me until everyone joined in. Pretty soon we couldn't get people to shut up. I loved seeing everyone sing together and laugh.

About half the people who showed were newbies, the rest regulars. So it was a nice small group again. 5 people flaked. And I'm keeping track of them as well!

----- STATISTICS -----
People attended: 12
Time alloted: 2-3 hours

----- RATING ----- (out of 5 stars)
Overall Experience: 3.5 (because I turned an embarrassed shade of red)

No comments: