I plan and post an event for the week. Each event packs a creative flavor of cultural, social, and the most economical means of having fun. You decide whether you want to come along or not. Simple as that. What is the flavor of this week? Check out my posts!

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Flavor of the Day: Chiba



I had a mad craving for Japanese food this past week. I feel like I can eat Japanese food all the time. It's so clean and so healthy. I can eat it and not feel the urge to release gas, and I never feel overly stuffed or bloated, only maybe a little sleepy because of all the rice in sushi. Yes, sushi is my fave. I took my mom to this little spot in North Hollywood called Chiba. A friend from Nick introduced me to this place several years ago, when I was an intern still in college. Trust me, there's no good sushi places out here, so this one's pretty close. But they also offer other yums besides sushi. My mom ordered sukiyaki which came with tempera and a cucumber salad, miso soup perhaps. I ordered my usual: spicy tuna roll and an eel roll. Other recs are crunchy roll and a starter of the albacore tuna. So delicious! And the best part is, it's like Indian food to me in that I can eat it every day and never get tired of it. Only maybe tired of the prices after a while. Other than that... golden.

No comments: