
I've been going on hikes once or twice a month this year, and this one has got to be the least strenuous. We did end up traveling in the wrong direction, but we asked a runner (who wore a blue bandanna with rainbows and unicorns) where the batcave was. He pointed us in the right direction. (Stupid me for always wanting to work left to right.) Anyway, once we were on the right path, we trekked up a slight incline in the blazing heat. In about 5 minutes we were at the batcave and I rushed towards it to get out of the sun. For some reason it was smaller than what I expected and I thought there would be some memorabilia from the show on display somewhere. Any sort of artifacts we came across were the rocks and some petroglyphs (graffiti) that represented life and those who came before us. We also had a great view of the Hollywood sign, which Deane pinched, and I lifted, licked,and ate. (Check the photos!) Then we met up with my roomies and ate a little lunch inside the cave.


----- STATISTICS -----
People attended: 4
Time alloted: 2 hours
----- RATING ----- (out of 5 stars)
Overall Experience: 3.5
Afterwards we tried Scoops Ice Cream, which Sheri had recommended long ago. Why weren't we there all summer? Maybe 'cause we tried to go on Sundays (when it was closed) and never remembered it on any other day of the week. I sampled about 6 different flavors and picked my favorites: Coconut Lemongrass (regular ice cream) and Date and Almond (a soy/vegan ice cream). So yummy! I recommend it to everyone! Just remember to bring cash, as it is a cash only place!

We then walked around Melrose. I bought a new giant green purse since my current one is gi-tiny. And then I bought a cute vest to wear with some of my collared button-up shirts.
Then we took out Nick for his birthday. We went to Mission Restaurant, one of three restaurants owned and operated by the guy who owns the Bowery and Delancey. (Which I just realized were street names in New York!) Each is very tasty! At Mission, we ordered things like Chips and Guac, Salad (avocado, cucumber, jicama, corn), Ceviche, and Tacos (slow roasted pork, barbacoa, mahi mahi, veggie, etc.) It was delish! So much tastier than Malo, I think. And I like the vibe better.


For dessert: Molten Chocolate Cake from Geisha House. Then watched "Battle Royale," which I was certain later on that it would give me nightmares. But it didn't, which made my overall day even better.


:)
No comments:
Post a Comment